Located in the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Nevadas, Kelsey Bass Ranch is a privately owned reservoir. This catch and release lake has a variety of fish including bluegill, sunfish, catfish, and Florida Strain Largemouth Bass. This agressive strain of largemouth leaves many fishermen weary of the rod-bending action.
Whether you're fishing with spinning, bait cast, or fly tackle from a tube, boat, or the shoreline, the action is nothing short of amazing! Bass in the 8 to 12 pound class make every tap of the plastic worm a moment of anticipation, it may be the fish of a lifetime. The current lake record is 15 pounds 8 ounces.
The lake is fishable day or night, all throughout the year. Park and BBQ facilities are ready for your use and self-contained campers are more than welcome for the weekend.
A 30 minute drive from Highway 99, Kelsey Bass Ranch's central valley location makes it a perfect day or weekend excursion.
Most anglers never have the opportunity to enjoy fishing in a well stocked lake, with a wide variety of structure and fishing conditions, located on a private ranch. You won't find jet skiers or water skiers while fishing on Kelsey Bass Ranch. In fact, the whole lake is a no wake zone.
Escape from the crowds, relax, spend quality time with the family, watch the wildlife on the lake, find new fishing adventure, and enjoy some of the Finest Bass Fishing in California.
To maintain this excellent fishery, Kelsey Bass Ranch has established the following guidelines:
- Catch-and-release. Protection of the fishery is our top priority, therefore we require all members and guests to practice catch and release only. Releasing these fish is the best method of making sure the lake will remain one of the top bass fisheries in the state for many years to come.
- Limited memberships. It's critical to limit the number of memberships for two reasons. First; it keeps the lake from being over fished. Second, to maintain the experience for our guests, we want our members to enjoy their fishing experience as much as possible by keeping the numbers low.
- Limited number of boats per day on the lake. Members reserve their fishing day ahead of time which results in a few boats at most on the lake on any given day.
Family memberships are currently available. Memberships are limited, so don't delay.
- Access to the lake for your immediate family (wife, kids, dad, brother, etc.) and one guest.
- Full use of the Kelsey Bass Ranch park and BBQ facilities (tables, chairs, and plenty of shade).
- Some of the best bass fishing in California with spectacular scenery and wildlife.
- Reserve the lake one day per year for your own tournament / group event (up to 5 boats).
Cost: $1800 per year (that's only $150 per month for a complete family membership to a private fishing lake).
No initiation fee, no hidden fees.
Email us for more information - click here